Volunteer With City Year
Give a year to tackling economic inequality by volunteering with City Year. Join their year long leadership development programme and become a mentor to pupils who need it most.
Are you 18-25, living in the UK, available to volunteer full-time and looking to make a real difference to children’s lives?
Then City Year UK wants to hear from you! Applications for our Greater Manchester programme are now open.
What will you be doing?
As a volunteer mentor based in a school in a low-income area you will:
- Act as a role model, mentor and coach to help struggling pupils succeed, providing 1:1 and small group support in class
- Lead creative clubs, projects and events
- Support pupils’ academic and emotional wellbeing, creating a positive learning environment
What will you get?
As part of your City Year experience, you will receive:
- Access to accredited leadership courses
- Bespoke training sessions on Fridays, to develop leadership and employability skills
- A designated professional mentor from our corporate partners
- £90-£100 living expenses per week, dependent on region, plus