Greater Manchester Institute of Technology
Technical. Skills. Work.
A new multi-million-pound technical education institute in Greater Manchester is open to students from September 2023.
Greater Manchester Institute of Technology (GMIoT) courses are offered through our education providers across Greater Manchester. Specialising in construction, engineering, computing, creative media and health sciences sectors. Led by the University of Salford and Wigan & Leigh College as lead HE and FE partners, the GMIoT brings together a number of colleges and employers in the city region.
The partners – The University of Salford; Ada, the National College for Digital Skills; Bury College; Tameside College; Wigan & Leigh College; GCHQ; Laing O’Rourke; Siemens; and Talk-Talk – have been working together on the proposal for the last two years.
The GMIoT will offer a range of courses, including new Higher Technical Qualifications, Higher National Diplomas and apprenticeships, as well as digital and technical skills boot camps and short courses designed to fast track learners into jobs in growth sectors for Greater Manchester.
What is an Institute of Technology?
- Located across England, Institutes of Technology (loTs) are a national network of experienced colleges, universities and leading industry employers.
- Backed by £290 million government investment in state-of-the-art facilities and technology.
- Each IoT focuses on one or more specialisms in STEM-based subjects.
- Specialising in Higher Technical Qualifications (HTQs), Levels 4 and 5 (HNC/HND), Professional training and Higher Apprenticeships.
Why study at Greater Manchester IOT?
- Frequent exposure to the workplace through employer visits, guest speakers, live industry briefs and placement opportunities
- Access state-of-the-art, industry-standard equipment and facilities
- GMIoT courses are specifically designed with employer partners
- Opportunities to network with employers in your chosen industry
- You will be more employable, have improved career prospects and higher earning potential.
Because we, the GMIoT network, know that
TECHNICAL. SKILLS. WORK.
Let’s get social
Talk to us