Digital Youth Hub
The Digital Youth Hub, in partnership with DWP, has been created to assist 18-24 year olds in Greater Manchester to develop digital skills, signpost career opportunities and prepare members for the world of work.
The Digital Youth Hub will offer members a free six-week course featuring a range of workshops, masterclasses and skills development sessions that will lead into one to one sessions with a Skills Coach, the building of a digital CV, identifying pathways into employment and the opportunity to create content* at one of Manchester’s leading creative digital hubs, The Sharp Project in Newton Heath.
The learning is a mix of self-directed online study and live training presented by industry professionals. Digital Youth Hub members will also be able to choose between on-site** and remote learning for all courses. Our Learning Hub is a new physical space at one of the biggest creative hubs in Greater Manchester, The Sharp Project.
- In Greater Manchester
- Not in education
- Not in full-time work or training
Participants will need:
- A laptop or desktop PC or Mac
- An internet connection
- Access to Zoom (including a compatible camera and microphone on your computer)
- a mobile phone and email address
Applications are always open. Onboarding is an online form and a short in-person session and will take place the week before each course starts.
Course start dates
- 1st August 2022
- 22nd August 2022
- 26th September 2022
- 24th October 2022
- 21st November 2022
- 19th December 2022
- 16th January 2023
- 12th February 2023
- 13th March 2023
- 10th April 2023
The Digital Youth Hub provides a bespoke learning experience to all members. The first four weeks of the course are dedicated to foundational skills that will be useful across all sectors. Members will also have a 1-1 session with a Skills Coach to discuss their learning and decide which of the four advanced learning courses they will choose for their final two weeks.
- Business Bootcamp – market research, website building, budget and client management
- Media Training – tips to help members speak clearly, comfortably and passionately
- Digital Marketing – branding, content marketing, SEO and platform-specific marketing
- Photography Fundamentals – a short workshop on taking better photos
- Resilience Training – learn mechanisms for coping with stressful situations
- Budgeting – money management in your personal and work lives
- How to do what you love and love what you do – a wellbeing masterclass
- LinkedIn Training – how to use this platform and best practices while using social media
- Ideas Generation – how to have creative conversations to bring new and exciting ideas to your work
- CV and Interview Workshop – how to write engaging CVs and impress in an interview
- 1-1 Skills Coach
- Business Admin – for members looking to become more efficient and productive in their work life, while also building on the sales funnels and digital systems learning from the Foundation Course.
- Entrepreneur – for members looking to start or grow their own business; learning how to create a marketable product, optimize sale conversions and manage their business in productive and time efficient way.
- Content Creation – for members looking to start or grow their business or brand. With a focus on using social media platforms, self-designed branding and copywriting. While also building on the sales funnels and digital systems learning from the Foundation Course.
- Web/Dev – for members looking to move into careers involving data science, web development and/or machine learning.
During the advanced course members will also complete an interview with an industry professional.
After the course, the Skills Coach and Development Officer will assist with, and monitor***, each member’s progression to other opportunities.
*facilities access will be available through a booking system
**on-site spaces are limited. The booking system is first come, first served. If you have an accessibility requirement, you can discuss this with the team.
***For a limited period of time. Approx. four weeks.