The Our Pass ‘Exclusives’ App Launches with an Exclusive Cycle Hire Offer
To mark the success of the Our Pass scheme, and following feedback from young people, GMCA are launching a new Our Pass ‘Exclusives’ App. This will make it even easier for young people to access free and discounted culture and leisure opportunities across the city-region.
At a launch event at Xaverian College in Rusholme, the Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham, also announced an exclusive cycle hire offer for young people who have signed up to Our Pass.
The first 1,000 Our Pass members who’ve activated their Our Pass ‘Exclusives’ account can sign-up to the new offer for 50 minutes free cycle hire* in March, April and May with Greater Manchester’s Bee Network cycle hire scheme, operated by Beryl Bikes**.
What is Our Pass?
As you leave school or care, you’ll face decisions that’ll shape your future. Our Pass can open up more choices to you across Greater Manchester. Membership improves accessibility to jobs and learning through free bus travel and encourages you to make the most of what Greater Manchester has to offer through free offers and experiences.
Eligible 16-18 year olds can sign up to Our Pass for a one-off application fee of £10. Our Pass gives access to ‘Exclusives’: offers in sport, leisure and retail, as well as free bus travel on most local bus services across Greater Manchester and half-price off-peak 1 day and weekend travelcards on Metrolink.
The Mayor launched Our Pass in 2019 and there are over 48,800 active Our Pass members, largely made up of college students and apprentices travelling to work.
Use the Our Pass ‘Exclusives’ App to make sure you don’t miss out!
Using the new Our Pass ‘Exclusives’ App, you can browse and apply for discounts, offers and experiences across Greater Manchester straight from your phone when you’re out and about. By switching on the notifications in their Our Pass App (and keeping the App updated), you’ll get an instant heads-up as new ‘Exclusives’ are announced – making sure you never miss out.
Exclusives have been chosen for you with advice from young people across Greater Manchester. More than £2.5 million worth of discounts and offers have been made available through the scheme since its launch.
A number of new ‘Exclusives’ are now live on the app, including:
- Parklife – Back by popular demand and this year we have even more to giveaway. 20 pairs of VIP tickets are up for grabs. Young people from all boroughs can apply.
- Manchester Originals – Young people will get the opportunity to experience a behind the scenes tour of the Emirates Stadium and be able to apply for free tickets to all Manchester Originals matches this summer. You could also win the chance to attend a training session with the players and meet either the men’s or women’s captain.
- Puregym – All Our Pass members can apply for a 3-day pass which will allow them to access their local gym. In addition, everyone will get 10% off membership fees and pay no joining fee (for as long as you are a member). And each month until December, one lucky Our Pass member will get a free month of gym membership at a location of their choice.
- Radcliffe FC – A chance for young people from Radcliffe and the surrounding area to get behind their local football club with free access to all league matches. Young people just need to simply show their Our Pass membership card at the gate and will receive free entry.
Our Pass Ambassador Sam Boffey lives in Wigan and travels to MediaCity for college. Sam said:
“With Our Pass I’ve been to many places, from just nipping into the local town centre, to going to college and even visiting the Imperial War Museum in Manchester. I’m always looking for different places that I can go free of charge. It’s such an amazing thing.
”My favourite ‘Exclusive’ was Footloose The Musical. It was an amazing night and the tickets were only £13, which was a massive saving. We were sat on the second row to the front and it was a really good show! Thanks to Our Pass for the transport there and also for the actual show itself”.
Download the Our Pass App for easier access to ‘Exclusives’
The app is free to download from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. If you already have an Our Pass travel card you just need to activate your ‘Exclusives’ account before using the app. You’ll then get instant on-the-go notifications and access to offers, events, prize-draws, discounts and experiences.
For now, young people will still need to use their physical Our Pass membership card to get their free bus and discounted tram travel – that’s until future plans and enhancements to the Bee Network come into play over the next few years to provide touch-in and touch-out with Contactless cards and devices.
Visit the Our Pass website to find out more about the Our Pass App.
* 50 free Cycle Hire minutes monthly to be accessed by Our Pass holders. The offer will be open to all Our Pass holders, but limited to the first 1,000 people who request a code for their free minutes. The minutes will expire at the end of that calendar month. The opportunity to get 50 free minutes opens again at the start of each calendar month.
** Greater Manchester’s self-service Bee Network cycle hire scheme is managed by TfGM and funded by the MCF, on behalf of Greater Manchester Combined Authority, and operated on a day-to-day basis by Beryl Bikes. Find out more information here.